Joseph C. Mauro
Sample Project List
Time Period: 2008 to present
2) Designed and programmed a system on the AS400 to analyze data base integrity utilizing Dynamic SQL. System was designed to work with any data base
allowing the users to describe the files and the relationships between data elements contained in the files. Utilized the SQL Data Area to extract data from data
base files based upon file field descriptions retrieved from data base definition. Completely variable as to number of fields, field data types and, field lengths.
Editing of data as to basic integrity, value with respect to another field in the same file or in another file, against ranges or values lists or default values.
Additional ad hoc editing functions made available through free form entry of SQL scripts with functional script editing performed by the system. Automatic
corrections can also be made, tracked and, if necessary, reversed to ensure data base integrity. Summary edit results available by file and field available
through on line inquiry or printed report functions. utilized embedded dynamic SQL programs, RPGLE programs, and numerous file and object related
3) Designed and programmed a series of interface programs to interface Lawson’s General Ledger and Accounts Payable system to Commercial Ware and
PKMS including vendors, purchase order receipts, refund checks and, general ledger journal entries. The system read output XML messages from Message
Queues, translated XML messages, created inbound XML messages, wrote XML messages to Message Queues, wrote directly to and read directly from
stream files on the IFS, utilized SCP to transfer files from/to the AS400 and network servers, created interfaces to send notification Emails via JavaMail and,
created delimited files for processing by Lawson. - utilized SCP, embedded SQL programs, RPGLE programs, WebShere MQ, stream file API’s and,
4) Designed, programmed, and implemented a system to manage enciphered data including key exchanges, authorizations, credit card settlement data, encipher
and decipher data received from approximately 300 PC registers utilizing IBM 4758 and 4764 Cryptographic Coprocessors, maintain a secure AS400 data
base environment restricting access to secured data and allowing for the authorized retrieval of clear data. SOX compliant, reviewed and approved by all major
credit card companies. -utilized FTP, embedded SQL programs, RPGLE programs and, Common Cryptographic Architecture (CCA) program interfaces.
5) Designed and programmed sales tax table maintenance system for a retail client with over 250 stores in 35 states to support a WEB based retail operation.
The system included nexus information maintenance and the use of a third party supplied sales tax rate table by ZIP code, county and, state. Automated creation
of extract table based upon nexus or sales tax rate changes. Downloaded table using Secure FTP to be used by third parting order processing and shipping
6) Designed and programmed system to translate XML order data extracts to AS400 data base files for a retail client that was in the process of creating a WEB
based retail location. Automated upload of files, editing of data including Email Error Notification, automated archiving of processed file and, automated
distribution of multiple data extracts to multiple AS400 connected to local network.
Time Period: Prior to 2008
1) Designed and programmed EDI billing and invoice processing for HIPAA compliant 835 and 837 transactions for a government managed health services
2) Designed and programmed automated system to create and download Medical eligibility data from multiple information suppliers for a government managed
health services client.
3) Designed and programmed shared file system to update Medical eligibility information from WEB extracts for a government managed health services client.
System includes trigger programs to automate information requests and returned information processing and, SQL reporting system for error and additional
information request processing.
4)Designed and programmed on the AS400 interfaces to the Bank of Montreal and First Bank of Omaha for credit card verification and nightly processing for
two separate clients.
5) Designed and programmed on the AS400 an interface system that uploaded register files form as PC register system and translated the data so that
appropriate updates could be made to their data base. The system included a file mapping system that would allow the client to map a PC record format to an
AS400 record(s). This allowed the client to change or add register system record formats without reprogramming the conversion system on the AS400. In
addition, I converted the data for posting to an Oracle data base maintained on a separate AS400 and transferred the resulting data utilizing FTP. The file
mapping and conversion process also had the ability to map and convert AS400 file data to the PC register system formats for register file updates. The system
also provided a mechanism to send (via FTP) the resulting files to the PC registers and initiate the processing of the files on the PC. All processes were done
without operator intervention.
6) Designed and programmed interfaces to JD Edwards for cost of sales, shipping costs and labor for a four retail clients utilizing Island Pacific software.
7) Designed and programmed an interface system for order processing, inventory control and distribution systems running on an AS400 and proprietary software
running on HP equipment. Remote communications and online interfaces utilizing TCP/IP were an integral part of the system. Interfaced to accounts payable
system to record liabilities and inventory and to process payments to growers.
8) Designed and programmed an interface system for external order processing system for client with Lawson and PKMS system running on AS/400 platform.
9) Designed and programmed spool file transfer system that automatically routed spool files to individual recipients on a multi AS400 network.
10) Principally responsible for the design and programming of a distribution center management system that included: an interface to a PC controlled automated
shipping system, RF device floor control, work flow management, order management, shipping carton packaging optimization, automated putaways and
replenishments, distribution center space optimization, inventory control, package materials control, and cycle count functions.
11) Designed and programmed a physical inventory system for retail locations and distribution center. Including all controls required to control and properly
record physical inventory counts and cutoff information.
12) Converted major EDI software package from System 38 to AS400 including massive changes to program flows to eliminate command line functions and
replace these functions with standard AS400 command keys.
13) Designed and programmed major portions of Mail/400 which included MI programming for message translation and forwarding
14) Designed and programmed system to monitor short and long term grape purchase contracts and crush records for major winery
1) Designed and programmed a system to interface a server order processing application to ABS running on an iSeries system. Read files from the IFS and
created work orders, transaction records and, log records in the ABS system. Automatically archived processed data and provided data for error reporting
and reprocessing of errors. - utilized embedded SQL RPGLE programs and numerous API’s.